Everyone knows what a huge hit Quizzy Trivia is at Greeley Avenue Bar and Grill, and if you don’t then your missing out! I briefly caught up with the creator of Quizzy Trivia, Roy Smallwood for a peek into how he started a game that has swept across the city.
Roy began Quizzy trivia in November 2004. He not only hosts the trivia, but also writes the questions for topics including music, movies, science, literature, geography and history. There are a total of 42 questions with four rounds of increasing difficulty.
According to Roy, he started Quizzy with the intent of never working for someone else which has been the case for the last 5 years. He also guarantees you won’t be asked questions concerning America’s Next Top Model, Justin Beiber or anything from People Magazine. Creating the questions has also allowed him to claim a niche and separate it from all other bar trivia in Portland due to the questions not being dumb.
Roy continues to entertain his fans with great postings on his website and blog. You can also support and follow him on Facebook. Be prepared for intelligent, well written posts that drip with sarcasm and show his great sense of humor.
Roy Smallwood hosts Quizzy Trivia every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. so don’t be late!
Here are a few sports trivia fun facts to assist you in the game as well:
- A soccer ball is made up of 32 leather panels, held together by 642 stitches.
- Basketball and rugby balls are made from synthetic material. Earlier, pigs’ bladders were used as rugby balls.
- The baseball home plate is 17 inches wide.
- Golf the only sport played on the moon – on 6 February 1971 Alan Shepard hit a golf ball.
- Bill Klem served the most seasons as major league umpire – 37 years, starting in 1905.
- He also officiated 18 World Series.
Have a great week and we’ll see ya there!